Sale of Business Disputes
Buffington Law Firm’s team of business litigation attorneys are experienced in bringing and defending lawsuits involving the purchase and sale of businesses. We have handled many such cases in Orange County and Los Angeles County as well as transactions involving out-of-state parties. If you have a problem involving a dispute the purchase and sale of a business, call us for a free consultation at 714-450-6568. You will speak directly with one of our experienced business litigation attorneys.
Buying or selling a business can be one of the most important and exciting transactions that a person or company will ever engage in. In Orange County and Los Angeles County these transactions often lead to litigation. Common forms of litigation deriving from a business purchase or sale include:
- Misrepresentation or Nondisclosure of a material fact about the business by the seller.
- Misrepresentation or distortion of the financial results of the business. This can include fraudulent tax returns, overstated sales, bogus customers who disappear shortly after the sale, or understated or omitted expenses in the financial statements provided by the seller to the buyer.
- Unfair Competition against the business by the former owners in violation of a non-competition agreement.
- Non-payment of the business purchase price by the buyer of the business.
- Blame the Seller: Inability of the buyer to operate the business and a “blame the seller” lawsuit.
Buffington Law Firm’s team of Orange County business litigation trial attorneys have brought, and defended against, many lawsuits of these kinds. Our business litigation attorneys have long experience in business and finance, and the Firm’s Managing Attorney, Roger J. Buffington, is an experienced businessman and a California Certified Public Accountant. This experience and expertise gives our Firm a unique ability to analyze and solve legal disputes deriving from the purchase and sale of a business. If you are dealing with legal issues of this type, you should call us at 714-450-6568 and speak directly at no charge to one of our experienced business litigation attorneys. Usually we will arrange a follow-up in-office free consultation where we will examine your situation in detail and suggest a legal strategy.